PhD student positions (m/f/d) with 65% part-time employment from 01.10.2021 until 30.09.2024 salary group 13 TV-L FU identifier within the framework of the International Research Training Group GRK2662
Field of activity
Within the framework of the International Graduate School GRK2662 "Charging into the future: understanding the interaction of polyelectrolytes with biosystems", positions for PhD students in the fields of organic chemistry, physical chemistry and biochemistry are advertised.
The overarching aim of GRK2662 is to better understand the molecular interactions between polyelectrolytes such as DNA, proteins or heparin with complex biological systems and to develop a quantitative understanding of the underlying binding forces. Key to this is an established partnership between researchers at Freie Universität Berlin (Germany), McGill University, Montréal, and the University of British Columbia, Vancouver (Canada), who share complementary expertise. Research at Freie Universität focuses primarily on fundamental physics and chemistry, whereas the expertise on the Canadian side is more application-oriented and addresses issues with direct pharmaceutical relevance.
The International Research Training Group GRK2662 offers
- PhD positions with a duration of three years,
- a structured scientific training in an international research environment, including participation in a wide range of research-specific and career-development training events,
- integration into an interdisciplinary international research network,
- the opportunity for research stays in the laboratories of the Canadian partner institutions.
The PhD studies will be carried out under the supervision of GRK2662-associated project leaders in corresponding subprojects. For information, please visit www.grk2662.de.
- Very good Master's degree or diploma in chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics or related subjects.
- Very good academic education
- High motivation to conduct independent scientific work
- Very good English skills both written and spoken
We look forward to receiving your application, which should include the following documents:
- A one-page motivation letter with details of previous research experience and future goals (with mentioning of up to 2 subprojects in which the research activity could be carried out).
- Your curriculum vitae (with list of publications, if applicable),
- Evidence of your academic achievements including copies of your Bachelor's and Master's or Diploma degrees,
- At least two letters of support.
Applicants must meet the requirements that qualify them for admission to a doctoral program at the respective institute. Students are selected on the basis of their past performance and academic credentials. In addition, applicants should have a solid command of the English language.
Applications will be accepted from now until 01.10.2021. Please send all documents in one PDF file electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the identifier grk2662_scholarship.